Thursday, February 17, 2011

Killing Big Bird

Hello World,
Now I don't really watch much TV, in fact I watch little to none on any regular schedule or basis.  In fact the only thing on TV I watch with any regularity is the news especially the morning spots.  But as off late even that has become less of a source for me to gleam info from.  To my fellow facebookers I say thank you because you are always posting the best links and info on the news feed.  Without that and my car radio which get dialed into NPR and Liberal Radio in the morning I wouldn't know what is going on in the world.  So When I saw some of these posts and then heard about it on Liberal radio I was shocked.  The wonderful right is trying to shut down NPR and PBS.  They claim they are doing it for the budget and the betterment of America, blah, blah, blah.  I'm sorry this is a complete move to wrestle away any control the so called liberal presidency (I say Main Stream) has on media.  The whole system was put up in 1934 in response to a major need for regulation.  Its an amazing piece of legislation and it has stood the test of time.  It has built in checks and balance which have been working for years.  Without the support the FCC, NPR, PBS and any other public media source gets from the government we would have total anarchy within media.  It makes me sick to my stomach that bills like this are even proposed.  It makes me even more sick when because of the way bills are passed that budget cuts could be a very possible reality for these media sources.  It especially makes me sad because PBS and NPR are my most trusted sources for news.  Please take the time to call your state rep and tell them not to pass any of the SIX bills proposed! 
http://coloradoindependent.com/75026/killing-big-bird-gop-budget-would-end-pbs-npr-fundingcommunications-act-of-1934

No comments:

Post a Comment