Saturday, March 19, 2011

Beastly

Hello World,
So immediately after seeing “The Adjustment Bureau”, I got up the next morning and saw a 10am showing of “Beastly.”  I was hoping for something amazing from this.  “Beastly” is a movie adaptation of the book Beastly by Alexx Flinn, which in turn is a modern interpretation of my favorite myth of Beauty and The Beast.  While being a modern adaptation it also tells the story from the beast’s perspective which is a nice change. 
I did say that I would be judging this movie a little harshly since it is one of my favorite stories.  This one gets 1 ½ stars out of 5.  I’m sorry, but I didn’t like it and it was disappointing.  It is a young teen film that took a very teenage book and made it even sappier and pretentious. It was boring, slow, and full of sappy moments that did not add to the story at all.  READ the BOOK!!! That, at least, was good.  I don’t recommend this movie unless you’re female and under the age of 16.  Its only saving grace was eye candy and Neil Patrick Harris as Will.  Any scene with Will was laugh-out-loud funny; he really did have some great one-liners.  Wait for the DVD if you want to see it.  Not worth the money for a night out.
Side note the music/soundtrack was good!

No comments:

Post a Comment